Sunday, November 7, 2010

the weekend...

...was over  too fast.

Chris went hunting on Friday night and I headed down to Athens.  I don't mind the drive since it always takes me to something fun, and Friday didn't disappoint.  There was a ton of traffic both when I went down and when I came home, which I thought was strange.

I had CPR training class on Saturday so I took off from work.  It felt so good to type that.  Off from work.  off from work.  offfffff fffffrrrooooommmmm work!  My career as a newspaper woman is about to come to an end and I'm looking forward to it.  But that is a whole other post for a whole other day. :)

CPR was awesome, at the Highlands and with great Highlands people.  Does it bring you comfort to know that I can now give you CPR and on your children and infants and do some basic first aid?  I'm really, really good at it.  I spent the better part of a Saturday learning how.

Afterwards, I headed on down to Sam's with my maw and paw.  Then over to Michael's and finishing up at the Home Depot.  I was able to get some of my Christmas shopping done and get a few great items for my next endeavor  (which again, is a whole other post).

I grabbed a quick nap before work and then  headed in, bundled up like an eskimo.  It was 28 degrees in Murrayville.  2.8. degrees.  AKA - BELOW freezing.  Not at all a fun night.  Add to the temperature, a late truck, getting the cold shoulder, and a time change and you've got one helluva night.  Which then in turn lead to me getting home at 6am, passing out, and waking up at 3:25 pm, rolling over and going right back to sleep until 6:15.  I actually feel rested.  This week hasn't been anything but a long series of doing stuff and then taking a nap and doing more stuff.   Next week looks just as full, and honestly I was dreading it.  However, after that sleep I looked at the calendar and it looked manageable.

Which leads us to the present.   Where I must tell everyone goodnight and happy tomorrows.  And then get up and head in to work.  ahhh, the cycle never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment